Contract and Regulations – All fees are due prior to the date of your event. To rent the Community Center, please contact the City Clerk’s Office at 712-752-8593 to check availability. You may also email the City Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Entire Community Center: $350 ($250 + $100 clean-up deposit) (Optional Additional Cleaning Service: $100, See #4 Below)
- Small Room Only: $60 ($40 + $20 clean-up deposit)
- Use of Sound Equipment: $25 (Mics are at the City Office)
Call Tyler at 712-230-0351 or Rachel at 712-230-1068 (For equipment or facility problems)
Rules and Policies:
- Renter is responsible for all damage to building and equipment. Any damage or staining of carpet, wells, etc. will cause forfeiture of deposit. You must use the provided runners around food serving areas.
- No tape, sticky substances, pins, tacks, nails or any object may be used to pierce walls, furniture or equipment.
- Piano may not be used without prior permission. There is a $10 fee to use the piano.
- The Center will be left clean, including vacuuming carpets, wiping tables, and all items listed on the cleanup checklist you were provided. All equipment will be put back to the way it was found. All this will be done on the same day as your rental. This applies to the kitchen, immediately outside the doors, and the park area, as well. It’s your responsibility to keep people off the statues, and not to deface any park property. If available, you may hire the cleaning done by Community Center management by notifying the City when you return your contract. Cost for this service is $100 plus the forfeiture of the $100 deposit. ($450 total)
- NO SMOKING ALLOWED ON THE PREMISES. Will cause forfeiture of deposit.
- The City of Hospers does not have a liquor license. No alcoholic beverages are allowed unless services are contracted through the authorized license holder, which is Boxcars in Hospers, IA, phone number is 712-752-8701. Absolutely no alcoholic beverages may be served to minors.
- Entrance into the library portion of the Community Center is prohibited.
- State fire regulations prohibit the blocking of any exit door.
- If the facility is not rented on the day before your event, you may be allowed entrance in order to set up and decorate the building. If it is rented, no entry will be allowed until the day of your event.
- Violation of these rules can result in the expulsion from the premises and/or forfeiture of deposit. Any abuse of premises or damage to the building or furnishings will result in assessment of charges, repair or replacement costs.
- It’s your responsibility to get a key for the facility. Failure to lock all the doors when you leave will result in forfeiture of half (50%) of your deposit.
- Facility will not be considered rented until a signed and dated contract is received, and the Hospers City Clerk receives full payment. All fees are due prior to rental date.
- Cancellations made 90 days or less from scheduled rental date are subject to a 50% charge of the deposit.
Please remember this is a public facility. Take proper care of it so that you and others may enjoy it for many years to come.